Magnolia Place Best Front Yard Contest
The Magnolia Place Homeowners Association appreciates all of the hard work and talented green thumbs that keep our yards, and our neighborhood looking beautiful. We all feel proud to live in a neighborhood where it is obvious that homeowners take pride in their homes and yards. To celebrate this spirit, we are launching the Magnolia Place Best Front Yard Contest.
- A new Best Front Yard will be selected each month.
- Please send an email to
Please include “Best Front Yard” in the subject line.
- Entries received by Friday, August 26, 2016 will be considered for the August competition. Entries received after the cut-off will be considered for the next month’s competition.
- Judging will take place during the last week of each month.
- Each home can win only once per calendar year.
The front yard and front of the home shall be judged. Judges will consider the following:
- Beautification —the yard should have general curb appeal and should improve the look of the home and overall neighborhood.
- Overall maintenance —maintained grass, trimmed hedges, well-tended plantings, etc.
- Originality — uniqueness in landscaping is acceptable as long as the plan or planting adheres to covenant guidelines and cohesiveness with the neighborhood.
- The Judging Committee will be selected by the MPHOA Board of Directors.
- A yard sign indicating the yard has been chosen as the “Best Front Yard” will be placed in the yard.
- A $25 gift certificate to Home Depot.
- A picture will be taken of the yard and will be featured on the website.